How to Avoid SPAMhaus?

• OK, I finished one of my servers setup for sending, everything was quite right, tested on the seed list on gmail and all seems inboxing.

So I send my first campaign with only 1800 subscribers (only gmail and yahoo cleaned) list with 1 email per minute cron settings, and on the next day, the domain gets SPAMhaus DBL which is quite devastating for me, how the hell did I get in there??

Tried to delist using the DBL domain removal form it and they reject in automatically, when I try to send support ticket it gaves me "An error occurred. Please try again."

How to fix this?

• Ajie Wibowo

In your case, it's either due to previous blacklist or spam trap. Please take note that Gmail & Yahoo do not use spamhaus - Hotmail, MSN, Outlook and Live use spamhaus data but they DO NOT report to spamhaus

I suggest you might want to take out domain like .edu or .somepersonaldomain.com as they are very high chances of spamtrap - in other words, send only to gmail, yahoo, hotmail, aol etc...

All you can do is to get yourself delisted: https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/ if spamhaus do not accept then you cannot do anything.

It is very important to know that there are a few things that triggers spamhaus:

1 - Spamtrap (Honey pot)

2 - Complains

3 - Bad IP neighbourhood

Hope this helps

Tips: As of now, only send to Gmail and Yahoo until your are cleared from spamhaus as they will automatically clear your IP after 14 - 30 days